Recipe: My Mom’s Whipped Shortbread Cookies
Holidaysby Crystal | on November 28th, 2012 |
It isn’t the Christmas season to me without shortbread cookies! They are just soooo yummy! Melt in your mouth and TOTALLY low calorie, right!? So today I am sharing with you a recipe that I always make! I don’t know where it originated from, but I found it a few years ago in my Mom’s old hand written recipes, and have loved it and stuck to it since!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- With an electric mixer or hand mixer, cream butter till smooth and soft
- Gradually add icing sugar, corn starch and then flour a little bit at a time.
- Add vanilla into batter.
- I like to use a cookie press (I have one from Pampered Chef that has different cookie shapes such as trees, snowflakes, wreaths), but you don’t have to. This recipe works well with the cookie press, so if you have one, fill it up as per directions on your press, and press the cookie dough onto the baking sheets.
- If you don’t have a cookie press, roll the dough into little balls (about an inch in diameter) and place on the cookie sheet approximately 1 inch apart. You can then flatten with a fork or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake in the over 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and let sit till warm. Transfer onto cooling rack or newspaper till cool.
- At this point they are delish as is, or you can add icing and decor to them as well!